Why Have A Contract?
Peace of Mind – A good contract from a reliable contractor should ensure that your premises, your staff and your business will be safe from pests and safe from any bad publicity and prosecutions that can occur if pests are found. If you have livestock or pets you will want to know that they are as well protected as possible. Prevention is better than cure.
The Law – The Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 requires property owners to ensure that their premises remain free of pests. The Food Safety Act & Food Hygiene Regulations include further legislation governing business premise that handle food. Closure of businesses, fines of up to £20,000.00 and prison sentences of up to 6 months can be imposed for breaching these rules. Currently some of the legislation governing food standards is agreed in the European Union, and a good contractor will be aware of any changes or implications relating to the rules governing pest control legislation.
The local Environmental Health Department and your customers will appreciate knowing that your company is proactive and responsible with regard to pest control, and in some cases clients might even insist on proof that a contract is in place.
What To Look For In A Contractor
BPCA approved technicians – This ensures that you are dealing with a professional pest control contractor who is bound by the rules of the BPCA
Evidence of adequate technical resources and of training and qualifications of service staff, supervisors and management. Membership of PROMPT (Professional Pest Controllers Register) is a usually a good measure of a technicians skill level.
A full written quotation, including a free survey. This should include full details of the terms of the contract and will identify which pests, the number of scheduled visits per year, and the price. These details will vary depending on the type of premises and the individual requirements. The number of scheduled inspections may vary from 4 to 24. This depends on the type of contract, cover required and risk factor. We recommend at least 8 scheduled inspections for a food premises. A domestic house may only need 4 scheduled inspections per year while a rubbish tip may need 24.
Proof of adequate public liability, product liability and employers’ liability insurance cover.
The ability to offer proofing and other preventative measures such as advice on housekeeping, storage, waste disposal, cleaning and the detection and monitoring of pest populations.
Reporting procedures giving clear accountability on both sides.
What A MERIDA Contract Offers
- Cover of your premises for named pests for a fixed fee (We also do contracts that include all pests making budgeting simpler).
- Baits and insect monitoring traps laid and inspected at regular intervals as agreed on the contract.
- Free call-out within 24 hours for problems from pests covered by the contract.
- Written reports after each scheduled visit detailing any problems and giving hygiene / proofing recommendations.
- Details of all insecticides / rodenticides used ( including data sheets)
- Timing of visits can be arranged to suit the customer.
- Accredited technician and support of Certificated Field Biologist.
- Regular Technician – Once a contract is allocated to a technician we don’t ‘swap’ technicians. He (or she) will know the history of the contract.
- Scheduled Visits – MERIDA will supply dates of scheduled visits and can ring beforehand for confirmation if required.
- Regular Advice – Your technician will be available for advice between 8am & 18.00hrs.
Ask For A FREE Survey
Arrange a free survey and no–obligation quote for a pest control contract for your premises
in Commercial and Industrial Pest Control. We are fully committed to providing a high level of service. Working with Merida, you can be sure of a fully professional, efficient and friendly service. We are able to control numerous types of pests including cockroaches, rodents (rats and mice), wasps (e.g. nest treatment), cluster flies and fleas. Based in West London we can cover all London area within M25 and surroundings.
Whether you have...
a current pest problem which you need to eradicate or whether you are looking to maintain a pest-free environment, Merida offer a competitively priced, excellent service. Your reputation may depend on it not to mention the risk of prosecution or closure. We will advise on the correct number of visits and document all work carried out, providing a system to prove 'due diligence', is an essential defence against prosecution. Annual contract price starts from £140 per annum with all parts included.
Currently we work with a range of customers in towns such as Slough, Staines, West London, South West London including those in the following sectors:
- Food Production
- Waste Transfer Stations
- Storage and Removals
- Industrial Estates
- Retail (e.g. shops, garden centres)
- Nursing Homes
- Housing Associations
- Letting Agents/Property Managers
- Local Councils
- Restaurants and Public Houses
At Merida we know about and understand the importance of maintaining a pest-free environment. Whether you need a one off treatment or advice on long-term pest control, we are here to help. Get in touch today to book an appointment with your local pest technician.