Cockroaches are known health pests that carry and spread bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella. Customers and employees perceive their presence as a sign of unsanitary conditions, negatively impacting their decision to purchase from you and further damaging your reputation. Our Service Specialists will eliminate cockroaches and keep them from coming back.
Proven Cockroach Elimination
Cockroaches are associated with dirty, unsanitary environments so when your customers or staff see a cockroach, the story can quickly spread via word of mouth or social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp. Stories of cockroach sightings and closures due to environmental health inspections can quickly spiral out of control and cause a public relations nightmare to do irreparable damage to your reputation and brand.
Cleaning: Stop cockroaches from feeding
- Keep right on top of general cleaning, including under and behind appliances
- Clean inside cupboards, removing any spills
- Pay special attention to any grease build-ups, cockroaches love to eat this
- Wipe work surfaces and floors, sweep and mop floors
- Mop up any spills
- Store food in sealed plastic, glass or metal containers
- Use sealed bins and empty them regularly
Water: Stop cockroaches from drinking
- Repair even minor leaks to water pipes
- Don’t leave sinks full or wet dishcloths out
- If your fridge has a drip tray, empty this regularly
Shelter: Stop cockroaches from entering the premises and hiding during the day
- With a caulking gun, seal up any cracks, gaps, or holes between work surfaces and the wall, floorboards, skirting boards, around extractor fans, etc.
- Make sure doors and windows seal tightly when shut
- Use tape to cover holes in appliances in areas where cockroaches have been seen
At MERIDA, we consistently deliver our proven protocol for cockroach elimination that works quickly to rid cockroaches and help prevent them from coming back. Our protocol includes:
Thorough inspections and monitoring
Residual application for a quick knockdown
Flushing to drive cockroaches from hiding
Dusting for long-lasting protection
Targeted bait applications for protection in sensitive areas
Documentation of risk areas and action taken
A cockroach can live without its head for up to 1 week.
In many parts of the country, a single cockroach sighting by a health inspector is considered a critical violation and could lead to a shutdown.
A cockroach can hold its breath for 40 minutes, and can even survive being submerged underwater for half an hour. They hold their breath often to help regulate their loss of water.
A single pair of German cockroaches can produce over 250,000 offspring in one year.
Cockroaches are omnivorous and will eat anything of nutritive value, including soap and glue to survive.
Newborn German cockroaches become adults in as little as 36 days. In fact, the German cockroach is the most common of the cockroaches and has been implicated in outbreaks of illness and allergic reactions in many people.